*** DataQuest News 2021 ***
Additional hybridNETBOX models increase signal capture and generation speed January 2021
|Spectrum Instrumentation extends its range of
hybridNETBOX products with the addition of eight faster high-performance
models. The hybridNETBOX is an innovative instrumentation platform
that combines a multi-channel arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) and
a digitiser in a single portable unit. An Ethernet connection allows
placement local to the PC or anywhere on a LAN.
The AWG channels can generate almost any wave shape thanks to their
use of the latest, high resolution, 16-bit digital to analog converters
(DAC) with output rates of either 625 MS/s or 1.25 GS/s and signal
bandwidths up to 400 MHz (600 MHz as an option).
For signal acquisition, the digitiser channels feature similarly
outstanding performance. Users can select from models that provide
16-bit resolution and sampling rates up to 250 MS/s or 14-bit resolution
and sampling rates up to 500 MS/s. Each channel is fully programmable
with six adjustable input ranges, from ±200 mV to ±10 V full scale.
Both the AWG and the digitiser allow the selection of almost any output
or sampling rate setting, enabling users to generate or acquire
signals at exactly the speed they require. In addition to the digitiser
and AWG channels, the front-panel of each hybridNETBOX includes multiple
digital I/O connectors. These make it easy to integrate units into a
test system. Similarly, it is possible to synchronise the unit with
other equipment, by applying an external clock and triggers.
Fully programmable, the hybridNETBOX comes with drivers for Windows
and Linux operating systems, as well as programming examples for C++,
LabVIEW, MATLAB, Visual Basic .NET, JAVA, Python and other popular languages.
With these new systems a total 14 different hybridNETBOX-models are
now available, with 2+2, 4+4 or 8+8 matched channels and possible speeds
from 40 MS/s to 1.25 GS/s. The maunfacturer's warranty offers an
industry-leading, 5-year warranty for customer's peace of mind.
This includes free software and firmware updates for each unit's lifetime
Click here for more information
Spectrum's versatile fast Digital I/O card shrinks size and cost April 2021
The release of a new M2p.7515-x4 digital I/O card from Spectrum Instrumentation
offers engineers and scientists a cost-effective way to generate and acquire
fast digital signals. The model is a half-length PCIe card, measuring just
168 x 107 mm in size. The small form factor means that it can be inserted
into almost any desktop PC, turning it into a powerful tool for applications
such as logic analysis or pattern generation.
The card features 32 parallel channels that can be clocked at speeds
up to 125 MHz. The channels offer 3.3 V and 5 V TTL compatibility, making
them suitable for use with a wide range of digital signals. In generation
mode, the cards typically deliver output levels of 0.2 V for low states
and 2.8 V for high states into high impedance. A 1 GByte of on-board
memory is standard for holding digital data. A variety of different
acquisition and replay modes can operate short or long duration signals,
the latter aided by an ultra-fast transfer speed over the PCIe bus of up
to 700 MB/s.
The M2p.7515-x4 is fully programmable and comes with drivers
for Windows and Linux operating systems, as well as programming examples
for C++, LabVIEW, MATLAB, Visual Basic.NET, Python and most other popular
programming languages. Spectrum offers its own control software -- SBench 6 --
that allows signal generation, acquisition, display, processing, storage,
reporting and includes a screen based logic analyser. This new M2p digital
series also compliments the existing M2p analogue signal acquisition
and generation cards, all of which can be sample and trigger synchronised
together using the Star-Hub option. This versatility provides the ability
to use these products in many applications and extend the channel count easily.
Each M2p digitial I/O card comes with an industry-leading 5-year warranty.
Click here for more information
Spectrum Instrumentation's "Julia" SDK is a boost for
high-performance applications May 2021
The programming language Julia is rapidly winning a lot of praise and
popularity. A key feature is that it delivers comparable speed and
functionality to programming in C, whilst also providing enhanced
scientific and numerical computing. Julia offers parallelism. Call the
desired script with a given number of cores and parallelize directly
from a command line. As a result, it is fast becoming the language of
choice for a
variety of applications that require fast processing of
data, like machine learning and scientific computing. So it's ideal
for use in areas like AI, robotics, autonomous vehicles and medical
Spectrum Instrumentation digitiser, waveform generator and digital I/O products
are ideal hardware partners to such applications, so the manufacturer
has specially created a software development kit. The new SDK supporting Julia
is available free of charge to all Spectrum customers.
Click here for more information
Click here for previous releases in 2020:-
Click here for previous releases in 2019:-
- Generate higher voltage waveforms with the new version of the generatorNETBOX!
- Portable LXI / Ethernet digitisers now have additional digital I/O lines for mixed-mode testing
- Ultra-fast PCIe M4i A/D digitiser cards now have multiple digital inputs as an option
- New multi-function HybridNETBOX combines fast signal capture and generation
- Spectrum's Sbench6 software for its instrumentation products gets special enhancements!
Click here for previous releases in 2018:-
- Direct signal data transfer to a GPU allows signal averaging over longer periods
- Half-length PCIe 16 bit multi-channel AWG cards with up to 125MS/s output
- High-speed PCIe M2p AWG card now come with cost effective 8 channel versions
- Portable DN2.65xx multi-channel AWG unit with easy Ethernet/LXI connection
- Mixed-Mode option adds addtional digital I/O lines to M2p A/D and D/A cards
- DN6 waveform generator units now have more channels to reduce big system cost
- M2p waveform genertors now have a boosted output voltage range
Click here for previous releases in 2017:-
- Obtain the latest product information in DataQuest's 2018 newsletter!
- The Spectrum M2p.59xx series of 16 bit PCIe digitisers are now 50% faster!
- DN2.59x series offers Ethernet connectivity, 16 bit A/D's, 16 channels & up to 125 MS/s
- Memory saving 8 bit ADC mode for Spectrum 14 and 16 bit digitisers
- DN6.59x series of 16 bit digitizers have Ethernet connectivilty and up to 48 channels
- Spectrum's signal capture cards are shortlisted for a Elektra reliability award!
Click here for previous releases in 2016:-
- Spectrum's 2017 instrumentation catalogue released
- New PXI-Express digitsers with 1.5 GHz bandwidth and data processing FPGA
- Ethernet based digitiser system now offers GS/s Acquisition on up to 24 Channels
- Digitisers sampling at GHz now have a high gain range option
- Boxcar Averaging feature lowers signal noise level and increases resolution
- More signal generator channels for the Ethernet based generatorNETBOX
- Warranty on Spectrum Instrumentation products is now 5 years!
- The next generation of compact fast 16 bit digitisers are here. M2p!
- Powerful GPU based signal processing using the new SCAPP option
Click here for previous releases in 2015:-
- Spectrum's 2016 instrumentation catalogue released
- New 720 mega sample/sec PCIe Gen2 digital pattern capture card
- DigitizerNETBOX acquires a stand alone operation capability
- Free academic tool kit illustrates the creation, capture and analysis of waveforms
- PXIe modular digitizer cards range released. 14/16 bit and up to 500MS/sec
- Programmable waveform generation up to 1.25GS/sec with Ethernet data connectivity
- The digitizerNETBOX series now provides up to 48 A/D channels in one enclosure
- New MHz to GHz, high resolution PXIe AWG cards
Click here for previous releases in 2014:-
- DC option now available for the digitizerNETBOX
- A/D card bandwidth up to 1.5GHz and new cables for high frequencies
- Portable Docking Station with three PCIe slots and Notebook PC connectivity
- The digitizerNETBOX data logger now captures signals at GHz speeds
- Signal Pre-amplifier modules with GHz bandwidth
- 625 Mega sample/sec AWG with 16 bit resolution and PCIe GByte/sec interface
- 16 bit AWG M4i card series now with 1.25 giga sample/sec D/A converter
- Server utility allows Spectrum card setup and monitoring across LAN Network
Click here for previous releases in 2013:-
- Cost effective 16-bit digitzer card with multiple 60 MS/sec channels
- 14 & 16 bit digitizerNETBOX Ethernet/LXI instruments with up to 0.5GHz sampling speed!
- Clock and trigger signal distribution card is now available in PCI-Express format
- Synchronise Spectrum M2i instrumentation cards across multiple computer installations
- Card based FPGA signal average module for enhanced measurement resolution and SNR
- Signal peak detection and statistics functions added to digitiser hardware
- Ultra high-speed M4i series PCIe digitizer cards with up to 5GS/sec sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2012:-
- Enhancement options now included with all Spectrum instrumentation cards!
- PXI format multi-channel 16 bit 50 Mega Sample/sec A/D converter card
- New DigitizerNetbox provides a portable Ethernet enclosure for Spectrum cards
- M4i 14 Bit 500 MS/s digitiser with PCIe x8 lane
- HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY DATAQUEST SOLUTIONS !!!
- Faster digitzerNETBOX with up to 200MHz sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2011:-
- DataQuest Solutions extends its ACME portable computer range.
- Extended range of tough waterproof rugged tablet PC's now available.
- Ultra high speed multi-channel 16 bit signal capture card.
- PCI Express docking station range now includes 4 and 7 slot options
- DataQuest Solutions are moving to a new location in Lincolnshire
Click here for previous releases in 2010:-
- Spectrum releases fully updated instrumentation catalogue
- Dual time base sampling available for all digitiser cards
- SPA series of high bandwidth and gain external amplifiers
- Sequence Replay Mode enhances pattern generation programming.
Click here for previous releases in 2009:-
- Logic analyzer display for SBench6
- Lighter, faster MRC2300 presents the latest in PC tablet technology
- M3i series cards now with SMA connector option
- M3i.4800 series card uses the latest generation 16 bit 180Msample converter
Click here for previous releases in 2008:-
- Spectrum drivers now support .NET users
- Slim portable PC now features hot-swap battery option
- SBench Version 6 signal visualisation software release
- M3i.32xx and M3i.41xx series provides exceptional resolution and speed
- New Spectrum M3i.21xx series extends signal capture up to 1GHz!
Click here for previous releases in 2007:-
- 12 bit digitisers now have software selectable differential inputs
- All M2i cards now come with 256Mbytes of memory as standard!
- Radar signal and antenna position capture card
- Slim ultra portable PC with PCI and PCI-Express
- 400MS/sec high resolution digitiser heralds M3i release
Click here for previous releases in 2006:-
- 64 bit Windows and Linux drivers arrive for M2i
- Full LABVIEW™ support for all M2i boards
- Docking Station for PCI-Express Cards
- Spectrum expands range to incorporate PCI-Express card connectivity
- Clock and trigger distribution board adds flexibility to system connectivity
- 125MS/sec Arbitrary Waveform Generators with PCI-Express connectivity
Click here for previous releases in 2005:-
- Orders now being taken for the new M2i A/D digitisers.
- New DEWEtron range of rugged portable PC's
- M2i range extends to digital I/O boards
- M2i.46xx range gives fast 16 bit resolution and true differential inputs
- M2i.47xx range provides 16 bit resolution on 16 inputs
Click here for previous releases in 2004:-
- Tough additions to our range of go anywhere portable PC's. (New rugged Notebooks and a Tablet PC).
- Easy virtual control panel for waveform generation. (SPeasyGenerator software release )
- Two slot PCI Docking Station with drive space.
- Amplifier option adds ±10 V output level to existing Spectrum arbitrary waveform generators.
- Rugged Notebook Pro PC now with higher specification.
- Spectrum announces pending release of the second series of digitisers.
- Spectrum Mega sample CompactPCI and PXI release.
- Digital pattern generator board Mi72xx with output -2 and +10 volts.
- Memory efficient Mi7005 dig I/O with 1, 2, 4 bit settings.
- Disk streaming software SPviewIT.
- New Spectrum MI/Mc/Mx3027 2 channel 100Ms/s board
© DataQuest Solutions 03.01.07.
(last revised 11.05.21)
Images courtesy of Spectrum Instrumentation GmbH
Text may be based upon marketing material produced by Spectrum Instrumentation GmbH and hence copyrighted by them.
LabVIEW is the registered trademark of the National Instruments Corporation
MATLAB is a trademark of the MathWorks Corporation
Windows 7, 8, 10 XP and Vista are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
ExpressCard and the ExpressCard Logo are registered trademark of PCMCIA.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the
exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, holder of the mark on a world-wide basis.
MAC OS is the registered trademark of Apple Inc.