*** DataQuest News 2020 ***
Generate higher voltage waveforms with the new version of the generatorNETBOX! February 2020
|Spectrum Instrumentation recently released four
new models to their generatorNETBOX family of arbitrary waveform generators
(AWGs), with high output swings of up to +/-12 volts on up to 8 channels,
Each channel features the latest 16-bit Digital to Analog Converters.
The DN2.657 models output waveforms at rates up to 125 MS/s, while the
DN2.654 units have a 40 MS/s capability. Both speed ranges are available
with either 4 or 8 fully synchronous channels. Signals can be generated
while new waveform data is being loaded to the deep on-board memory.
Small and compact, the generatorNETBOX products use Gbit Ethernet
and weigh as little as 6.3 Kgs. It means they are portable and can work
almost anywhere; freestanding on a test bench, rack-mounted with other
equipment, or even mobile (when equipped with an optional 12 or 24 V
DC power supply). A cost-effective solution, in one easy to integrate
package, this is for anybody wanting to generate test signals in the
DC to 60 MHz range and have the option to go to larger amplitudes.
With regards supporting software, the generatorNETBOX comes with Spectrum's
SBench 6 Professional software as standard. SBench 6 enables the user
to control all the modes and settings of the AWG via a simple easy-to-use
interface, and produce waveforms easily from a menu driven interface.
For those users wishing to use a text based progamming language drivers
are provided, free of charge, to support the most popular programming
languages (such as C++, VB.NET, C#, J#, Delphi, Java or Python code)
as well as third party software tools like LabVIEW and MATLAB.
All Spectrum AWGs carry an industry-leading, five-year warranty.
Furthermore, software and firmware updates are free of charge for the
lifetime of the product.
Click here for more information
Portable LXI / Ethernet digitisers now have additional digital I/O lines for mixed-mode testing April 2020
|The portable digitizerNETBOX with its Ethernet
connectivity, now has extended capabilities by the addition of a
versatile mixed-mode testing option, so that both analogue and digital
signals can be captured simultaneously. This new option is available on
four different models, all featuring 8 analog input channels, that
synchronously sample signals at up to 5 MS/s, 20 MS/s, 40 MS/s or
125 MS/s with 16-bit resolution. It adds 8 digital lines to the 3
multi-purpose I/O lines that come as standard with each unit,
increasing the number of digital input channels to 11 in total. The
enhanced digitisers simultaneously acquire both 8 analog and 11 digital
signals in a fully synchronous fashion, with easy access to all 19
channels via front panel BNC connectors. The units come complete with
software and all the tools necessary to integrate them into virtually
any test system, for a host of potential applications.
Controlling and accessing the data collected by the digitizerNETBOX
is done by simply connecting it with GBit Ethernet directly to a host
computer (e.g. laptop or workstation), or anywhere on the corporate network.
Software drivers allow customised setups that can perfectly work with
the mixed-mode operation. The option is fully supported by the complete
software development kit (SDK) which includes programming using C++, C#,
VB.NET, Python, JAVA, LabVIEW or MATLAB. The SDK is included as standard
with every unit. Spectrum's own software, SBench 6, also supports the
major part of the option's functionality and is included with delivery.
It is menu driven and requires no programming, so is a very rapid way
to start monitoring, displaying and processing signals.
Click here for more information
Click here for previous releases in 2019:-
Click here for previous releases in 2018:-
- Direct signal data transfer to a GPU allows signal averaging over longer periods
- Half-length PCIe 16 bit multi-channel AWG cards with up to 125MS/s output
- High-speed PCIe M2p AWG card now come with cost effective 8 channel versions
- Portable DN2.65xx multi-channel AWG unit with easy Ethernet/LXI connection
- Mixed-Mode option adds addtional digital I/O lines to M2p A/D and D/A cards
- DN6 waveform generator units now have more channels to reduce big system cost
- M2p waveform genertors now have a boosted output voltage range
Click here for previous releases in 2017:-
- Obtain the latest product information in DataQuest's 2018 newsletter!
- The Spectrum M2p.59xx series of 16 bit PCIe digitisers are now 50% faster!
- DN2.59x series offers Ethernet connectivity, 16 bit A/D's, 16 channels & up to 125 MS/s
- Memory saving 8 bit ADC mode for Spectrum 14 and 16 bit digitisers
- DN6.59x series of 16 bit digitizers have Ethernet connectivilty and up to 48 channels
- Spectrum's signal capture cards are shortlisted for a Elektra reliability award!
Click here for previous releases in 2016:-
- Spectrum's 2017 instrumentation catalogue released
- New PXI-Express digitsers with 1.5 GHz bandwidth and data processing FPGA
- Ethernet based digitiser system now offers GS/s Acquisition on up to 24 Channels
- Digitisers sampling at GHz now have a high gain range option
- Boxcar Averaging feature lowers signal noise level and increases resolution
- More signal generator channels for the Ethernet based generatorNETBOX
- Warranty on Spectrum Instrumentation products is now 5 years!
- The next generation of compact fast 16 bit digitisers are here. M2p!
- Powerful GPU based signal processing using the new SCAPP option
Click here for previous releases in 2015:-
- Spectrum's 2016 instrumentation catalogue released
- New 720 mega sample/sec PCIe Gen2 digital pattern capture card
- DigitizerNETBOX acquires a stand alone operation capability
- Free academic tool kit illustrates the creation, capture and analysis of waveforms
- PXIe modular digitizer cards range released. 14/16 bit and up to 500MS/sec
- Programmable waveform generation up to 1.25GS/sec with Ethernet data connectivity
- The digitizerNETBOX series now provides up to 48 A/D channels in one enclosure
- New MHz to GHz, high resolution PXIe AWG cards
Click here for previous releases in 2014:-
- DC option now available for the digitizerNETBOX
- A/D card bandwidth up to 1.5GHz and new cables for high frequencies
- Portable Docking Station with three PCIe slots and Notebook PC connectivity
- The digitizerNETBOX data logger now captures signals at GHz speeds
- Signal Pre-amplifier modules with GHz bandwidth
- 625 Mega sample/sec AWG with 16 bit resolution and PCIe GByte/sec interface
- 16 bit AWG M4i card series now with 1.25 giga sample/sec D/A converter
- Server utility allows Spectrum card setup and monitoring across LAN Network
Click here for previous releases in 2013:-
- Cost effective 16-bit digitzer card with multiple 60 MS/sec channels
- 14 & 16 bit digitizerNETBOX Ethernet/LXI instruments with up to 0.5GHz sampling speed!
- Clock and trigger signal distribution card is now available in PCI-Express format
- Synchronise Spectrum M2i instrumentation cards across multiple computer installations
- Card based FPGA signal average module for enhanced measurement resolution and SNR
- Signal peak detection and statistics functions added to digitiser hardware
- Ultra high-speed M4i series PCIe digitizer cards with up to 5GS/sec sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2012:-
- Enhancement options now included with all Spectrum instrumentation cards!
- PXI format multi-channel 16 bit 50 Mega Sample/sec A/D converter card
- New DigitizerNetbox provides a portable Ethernet enclosure for Spectrum cards
- M4i 14 Bit 500 MS/s digitiser with PCIe x8 lane
- HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY DATAQUEST SOLUTIONS !!!
- Faster digitzerNETBOX with up to 200MHz sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2011:-
- DataQuest Solutions extends its ACME portable computer range.
- Extended range of tough waterproof rugged tablet PC's now available.
- Ultra high speed multi-channel 16 bit signal capture card.
- PCI Express docking station range now includes 4 and 7 slot options
- DataQuest Solutions are moving to a new location in Lincolnshire
Click here for previous releases in 2010:-
- Spectrum releases fully updated instrumentation catalogue
- Dual time base sampling available for all digitiser cards
- SPA series of high bandwidth and gain external amplifiers
- Sequence Replay Mode enhances pattern generation programming.
Click here for previous releases in 2009:-
- Logic analyzer display for SBench6
- Lighter, faster MRC2300 presents the latest in PC tablet technology
- M3i series cards now with SMA connector option
- M3i.4800 series card uses the latest generation 16 bit 180Msample converter
Click here for previous releases in 2008:-
- Spectrum drivers now support .NET users
- Slim portable PC now features hot-swap battery option
- SBench Version 6 signal visualisation software release
- M3i.32xx and M3i.41xx series provides exceptional resolution and speed
- New Spectrum M3i.21xx series extends signal capture up to 1GHz!
Click here for previous releases in 2007:-
- 12 bit digitisers now have software selectable differential inputs
- All M2i cards now come with 256Mbytes of memory as standard!
- Radar signal and antenna position capture card
- Slim ultra portable PC with PCI and PCI-Express
- 400MS/sec high resolution digitiser heralds M3i release
Click here for previous releases in 2006:-
- 64 bit Windows and Linux drivers arrive for M2i
- Full LABVIEW™ support for all M2i boards
- Docking Station for PCI-Express Cards
- Spectrum expands range to incorporate PCI-Express card connectivity
- Clock and trigger distribution board adds flexibility to system connectivity
- 125MS/sec Arbitrary Waveform Generators with PCI-Express connectivity
Click here for previous releases in 2005:-
- Orders now being taken for the new M2i A/D digitisers.
- New DEWEtron range of rugged portable PC's
- M2i range extends to digital I/O boards
- M2i.46xx range gives fast 16 bit resolution and true differential inputs
- M2i.47xx range provides 16 bit resolution on 16 inputs
Click here for previous releases in 2004:-
- Tough additions to our range of go anywhere portable PC's. (New rugged Notebooks and a Tablet PC).
- Easy virtual control panel for waveform generation. (SPeasyGenerator software release )
- Two slot PCI Docking Station with drive space.
- Amplifier option adds ±10 V output level to existing Spectrum arbitrary waveform generators.
- Rugged Notebook Pro PC now with higher specification.
- Spectrum announces pending release of the second series of digitisers.
- Spectrum Mega sample CompactPCI and PXI release.
- Digital pattern generator board Mi72xx with output -2 and +10 volts.
- Memory efficient Mi7005 dig I/O with 1, 2, 4 bit settings.
- Disk streaming software SPviewIT.
- New Spectrum MI/Mc/Mx3027 2 channel 100Ms/s board
© DataQuest Solutions 03.01.07.
(last revised 05.05.20)
Images courtesy of Spectrum Instrumentation GmbH
Text may be based upon marketing material produced by Spectrum Instrumentation GmbH and hence copyrighted by them.
LabVIEW is the registered trademark of the National Instruments Corporation
MATLAB is a trademark of the MathWorks Corporation
Windows 7, 8, 10 XP and Vista are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
ExpressCard and the ExpressCard Logo are registered trademark of PCMCIA.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the
exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, holder of the mark on a world-wide basis.
MAC OS is the registered trademark of Apple Inc.