*** DataQuest News 2019 ***
Direct signal data transfer to a GPU allows
signal averaging over longer periods January 2019
|Signal averaging plays a crucial role in applications
where signal details, hidden in random noise, need to be extracted and analysed.
When capturing a signal using a A/D signal capture card (digitiser),
on-board averaging capability over longer periods is often constrained
by small processing systems and the on-board memory. Spectrum's Instrumentations's
revolutionary new approach helps overcome these limitations.
The new signal averaging software package for Spectrum's M4i and M2p PCIe
digitiser cards utilises SCAPP, (Spectrum's CUDA Access for Parallel
Processing). Captured data is sent to a standard off-the-shelf
Nvidia GPU, by a process known as RDMA (Remote Direct Memory Access)
and allows continual high-speed time and frequency domain signal averaging
without the usual data length limits. RDMA transfers go directly to
the GPU for PCs running LINUX, or via the CPU for systems using a Windows-based
operating system. The GPU offers high-speed parallel processing using
multiple (up to 5000) processing cores!
The supplied software package contains a set of examples for interaction
with the digitiser and a set of CUDA parallel processing examples for
the basic averaging functions.
Click here for more information
Half-length PCIe 16 bit multi-channel AWG cards with up to 125MS/s output May 2019
|Spectrum Instrumentation has released six new
Arbitrary Waveform Generators (AWGs) optimised for signal quality,
size and cost. The new M2p "65" series AWGs offer the latest 16-bit digital to
analog converters, a fast PCIe x4 interface with up to 700 MByte/s
streaming speed and a card length of just 168 mm to allow fitment into
nearly every PC.
These AWG's are available in two D/A sample update speeds; 40 or 125 MHz.
Sample speeds up to these limits are programmable from software,
with a fine sampling granularity of 1Hz. A flexibility in choice
comes with 1, 2 or 4 channel models, with each channel featuring its
own DAC and output stage. The multi-channel cards share a common
clock and trigger to ensure full synchronisation and the output stages
incorporate four switchable filter paths to help optimise signal quality.
They can produce output swings up to ±6 V into a high impedance (1 MOhm)
load or ±3 V into 50 Ohms. The output stages combine with the high
resolution 16-bit DACs to enable the generation of signals with very
low distortion, exceptional dynamic range and a high signal-to-noise
ratio. This flexibility and performance allows users to create
ultra-long, single shot waveforms or constantly changing, burst-type
signals such as those found in radar, ultrasound, LIDAR or sonar systems.
The possibilities are almost limitless!
The cards are fully programmable and drivers are provided, free of
charge, to support the most popular languages as well as third party
software tools like LabVIEW and MATLAB. Alternatively, users can simply
run Spectrum's own software, SBench 6 Professional which allows easy
control of all the modes and settings via a simple, easy-to-use, interface.
All Spectrum signal generation hardware come with an outstanding warranty
of 5 years and free technical support for the lifetime of the product!
Click here for more information
High-speed PCIe M2p AWG card now come with cost effective 8 channel versions May 2019
|Spectrum's latest M2p "65" series of PCIe
arbitrary waveform generators has two new 8 channel cards, cutting
the cost per channel dramatically. All eight models of the M2p.65xx
series are half-length PCIe cards and only 168 mm in length. The new
additions to the "65" family are the M2p.6533-x4 with eight 40 MS/s
channels and the M2p.6568-x4 that can be configured with eight channels
of 80 MS/s, or four of 125 MS/s. In common with the other M2p "65"
series the output has 16 bits resolution with a maximum output swing
of ±6 V into 1 MOhm or ±3 V into 50 Ohms.
As standard, all cards of the "65" series offer a deep on-board memory
of 512 MSamples to store and replay many waveforms. Using the PCIe-x4
platform, these AWGs provide a fast data transfer speed to the host
computer which is up to 700 MBytes/second. Up to 16 M2p cards can be
synchronised, increasing the channel count using the Star-Hub option.
This option is not only the M2p AWG products, but also the series of M2p.59xx
16-bit signal capture cards released in 2018. This way a mix of signal
capture and generation can be performed in a stimulus - response scenario.
All M2p cards have a 5-year warranty and progamming drivers are provided
free of charge.
Click here for more information
Portable DN2.65xx multi-channel AWG unit with easy Ethernet/LXI connection August 2019
|The new DN2.65x series of generatorNETBOX instruments
are available with 4, 8 or 16 fully synchronous channels and offer output
rates of 40 MS/s or 125 MS/s. Signals can be generated with a programmable
output swing of up to ±6 V into high impedance, or ±3 V into 50 ohms.
These signals can be created from equations, imported from other devices
(such as digitisers and oscilloscopes), or other software programs.
The generatorNETBOX incudes a large on-board memory of up to 2 x 512
MSamples. Signals can loaded once, generated repeatedly, or continually
generated whilst new waveform data is being loaded to the on-board memory.
The units come with drivers, so that users can write their own control
programs in almost any popular programming language.
Weighing as little as 6.3 kg, the generatorNETBOX products are portable,
so allowing use almost anywhere, (a 12 or 24 V DC power input
option is also available). Simply connect to a host computer
(e.g. laptop or workstation) or anywhere on the corporate network via
the Ethernet port.
Delivery includes an industry leading five-year manufacturer's
warranty from Spectrum Instrumentation GmbH. Software and firmware
updates are available free of charge, so too is the U.K. based technical
support from their experienced distributor DataQuest Solutions Ltd.
Click here for more information
DN6 waveform generator units now have more channels to reduce big system cost. November 2019
|Spectrum Instrumentation's latest line of
Arbitrary Waveform Generators offers 24 to 48 synchronous channels in
a single rack-unit with a very economic cost-per-channel relationship.
They compliment the recently introduced and smaller DN2.65x products
(that offer from 4 to 16 channels). Such a high channel count sets a
new standard for AWGs, as most conventional products only offer 1,
2 or 4 channels
The eight different "DN6.65x" models achieve full remote control
through a simple Ethernet connection to any PC or local area network
(LAN), making them easy to integrate into almost any test system.
Like the smaller versions, these new units feature state-of-the-art
16 bit digital to analogue 40 or 125 mega sample converter
technology, combined with low-noise outputs. This allows the generation
of almost any test signal in the DC to 60 MHz frequency range. A wide
range of signal amplitudes can be generated with programmable
output swings of up to ±6 V into high impedance or ±3 V into 50 Ohm.
In addition, the units include large on-board memories
(64 mega samples per channel), that can be utilised in a number of different
operating modes to allow the generation of long and complex waveforms.
The new AWGs are fully self-contained and come with all the tools
necessary to generate an unlimited variety of waveforms. The drivers
are included for many programming languages. It also comes with SBench
6 Professional at no extra cost. This software controls all the operating
modes and hardware settings from a easy-to-use, graphical user
interface with pull down menus. The software also has a host of built-in
features for waveform creation, data analysis and documentation.
Waveforms can also be created from equations, imported from other devices
(such as digitisers and oscilloscopes). SBench 6 Professional even allows
data import and export in the most popular formats such as ASCII, binary and WAV.
The DN6.65x series of generatorNETBOX come with Spectrum's exceptional 5-year-warranty.
Click here for more information
Click here for previous releases in 2018:-
Click here for previous releases in 2017:-
- Obtain the latest product information in DataQuest's 2018 newsletter!
- The Spectrum M2p.59xx series of 16 bit PCIe digitisers are now 50% faster!
- DN2.59x series offers Ethernet connectivity, 16 bit A/D's, 16 channels & up to 125 MS/s
- Memory saving 8 bit ADC mode for Spectrum 14 and 16 bit digitisers
- DN6.59x series of 16 bit digitizers have Ethernet connectivilty and up to 48 channels
- Spectrum's signal capture cards are shortlisted for a Elektra reliability award!
Click here for previous releases in 2016:-
- Spectrum's 2017 instrumentation catalogue released
- New PXI-Express digitsers with 1.5 GHz bandwidth and data processing FPGA
- Ethernet based digitiser system now offers GS/s Acquisition on up to 24 Channels
- Digitisers sampling at GHz now have a high gain range option
- Boxcar Averaging feature lowers signal noise level and increases resolution
- More signal generator channels for the Ethernet based generatorNETBOX
- Warranty on Spectrum Instrumentation products is now 5 years!
- The next generation of compact fast 16 bit digitisers are here. M2p!
- Powerful GPU based signal processing using the new SCAPP option
Click here for previous releases in 2015:-
- Spectrum's 2016 instrumentation catalogue released
- New 720 mega sample/sec PCIe Gen2 digital pattern capture card
- DigitizerNETBOX acquires a stand alone operation capability
- Free academic tool kit illustrates the creation, capture and analysis of waveforms
- PXIe modular digitizer cards range released. 14/16 bit and up to 500MS/sec
- Programmable waveform generation up to 1.25GS/sec with Ethernet data connectivity
- The digitizerNETBOX series now provides up to 48 A/D channels in one enclosure
- New MHz to GHz, high resolution PXIe AWG cards
Click here for previous releases in 2014:-
- DC option now available for the digitizerNETBOX
- A/D card bandwidth up to 1.5GHz and new cables for high frequencies
- Portable Docking Station with three PCIe slots and Notebook PC connectivity
- The digitizerNETBOX data logger now captures signals at GHz speeds
- Signal Pre-amplifier modules with GHz bandwidth
- 625 Mega sample/sec AWG with 16 bit resolution and PCIe GByte/sec interface
- 16 bit AWG M4i card series now with 1.25 giga sample/sec D/A converter
- Server utility allows Spectrum card setup and monitoring across LAN Network
Click here for previous releases in 2013:-
- Cost effective 16-bit digitzer card with multiple 60 MS/sec channels
- 14 & 16 bit digitizerNETBOX Ethernet/LXI instruments with up to 0.5GHz sampling speed!
- Clock and trigger signal distribution card is now available in PCI-Express format
- Synchronise Spectrum M2i instrumentation cards across multiple computer installations
- Card based FPGA signal average module for enhanced measurement resolution and SNR
- Signal peak detection and statistics functions added to digitiser hardware
- Ultra high-speed M4i series PCIe digitizer cards with up to 5GS/sec sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2012:-
- Enhancement options now included with all Spectrum instrumentation cards!
- PXI format multi-channel 16 bit 50 Mega Sample/sec A/D converter card
- New DigitizerNetbox provides a portable Ethernet enclosure for Spectrum cards
- M4i 14 Bit 500 MS/s digitiser with PCIe x8 lane
- HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY DATAQUEST SOLUTIONS !!!
- Faster digitzerNETBOX with up to 200MHz sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2011:-
- DataQuest Solutions extends its ACME portable computer range.
- Extended range of tough waterproof rugged tablet PC's now available.
- Ultra high speed multi-channel 16 bit signal capture card.
- PCI Express docking station range now includes 4 and 7 slot options
- DataQuest Solutions are moving to a new location in Lincolnshire
Click here for previous releases in 2010:-
- Spectrum releases fully updated instrumentation catalogue
- Dual time base sampling available for all digitiser cards
- SPA series of high bandwidth and gain external amplifiers
- Sequence Replay Mode enhances pattern generation programming.
Click here for previous releases in 2009:-
- Logic analyzer display for SBench6
- Lighter, faster MRC2300 presents the latest in PC tablet technology
- M3i series cards now with SMA connector option
- M3i.4800 series card uses the latest generation 16 bit 180Msample converter
Click here for previous releases in 2008:-
- Spectrum drivers now support .NET users
- Slim portable PC now features hot-swap battery option
- SBench Version 6 signal visualisation software release
- M3i.32xx and M3i.41xx series provides exceptional resolution and speed
- New Spectrum M3i.21xx series extends signal capture up to 1GHz!
Click here for previous releases in 2007:-
- 12 bit digitisers now have software selectable differential inputs
- All M2i cards now come with 256Mbytes of memory as standard!
- Radar signal and antenna position capture card
- Slim ultra portable PC with PCI and PCI-Express
- 400MS/sec high resolution digitiser heralds M3i release
Click here for previous releases in 2006:-
- 64 bit Windows and Linux drivers arrive for M2i
- Full LABVIEW™ support for all M2i boards
- Docking Station for PCI-Express Cards
- Spectrum expands range to incorporate PCI-Express card connectivity
- Clock and trigger distribution board adds flexibility to system connectivity
- 125MS/sec Arbitrary Waveform Generators with PCI-Express connectivity
Click here for previous releases in 2005:-
- Orders now being taken for the new M2i A/D digitisers.
- New DEWEtron range of rugged portable PC's
- M2i range extends to digital I/O boards
- M2i.46xx range gives fast 16 bit resolution and true differential inputs
- M2i.47xx range provides 16 bit resolution on 16 inputs
Click here for previous releases in 2004:-
- Tough additions to our range of go anywhere portable PC's. (New rugged Notebooks and a Tablet PC).
- Easy virtual control panel for waveform generation. (SPeasyGenerator software release )
- Two slot PCI Docking Station with drive space.
- Amplifier option adds ±10 V output level to existing Spectrum arbitrary waveform generators.
- Rugged Notebook Pro PC now with higher specification.
- Spectrum announces pending release of the second series of digitisers.
- Spectrum Mega sample CompactPCI and PXI release.
- Digital pattern generator board Mi72xx with output -2 and +10 volts.
- Memory efficient Mi7005 dig I/O with 1, 2, 4 bit settings.
- Disk streaming software SPviewIT.
- New Spectrum MI/Mc/Mx3027 2 channel 100Ms/s board
© DataQuest Solutions 03.01.07.
(last revised 11.11.19)
Images courtesy of Spectrum Instrumentation GmbH
Text may be based upon marketing material produced by Spectrum Instrumentation GmbH and hence copyrighted by them.
LabVIEW is the registered trademark of the National Instruments Corporation
MATLAB is a trademark of the MathWorks Corporation
Windows 7, 8, 10 XP and Vista are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
ExpressCard and the ExpressCard Logo are registered trademark of PCMCIA.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the
exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, holder of the mark on a world-wide basis.
MAC OS is the registered trademark of Apple Inc.