*** DataQuest News 2018 ***
The latest product information is now available in DataQuest's 2018 newsletter February 2018
|DataQuest Solution's latest double-sided newsletter
provides information on the most recent product releases. In this issue....
Find out about the latest signal capture (digitiser) cards, most notably the
M2p range, a PCIe format half-length card packed with features including
a new 16 bit A/D converter with sampling rates up to 80 MHz. Also the
new SCAPP option, which allows any Spectrum high speed digitiser
card to pass data directly to a GPU card for a processing capability
far more powerful than that of a computer CPU.
Read about a the generatorNETBOX, a programmable waveform generator with
a ethernet connection for set up control and data transfer. Now available
with up to 24 channels and 1.25 giga Hz output update rates!
See the new PCI-Express docking station with USB-C connectivity.
Allows up to three PCI-Express cards to be easily operated from a Notebook PC.
Available by post or as a PDF download.
Click here to obtain your free newsletter!
The Spectrum M2p.59xx series of 16 bit PCIe digitisers are now 50% faster! March 2018
Five new models have been released of the versatile M2p.59xx series
of PCIe 16-bit digitiser cards. These extend the performance range by
increasing the maximum sampling rate from 80 MS/s up to 125 MS/s. The
increased sampling rate, together with higher overall bandwidth, enables
the new cards to capture a wider range of electronic signals in the
DC to 50 MHz frequency range with the required speed and accuracy.
The M2p.59xx range comes with an unrivalled combination of features,
all incorperated into one small half-size PCIe card. Furthermore, you
can choose exactly the performance level you need by selecting from
20 different models. As well as 125 MS/s, the cards also come
with A/D converters 20, 40 and 80 MS/s, and with 1, 2, 4 or even 8
channels. All have fully programmable gain and offset, selectable input
impedance, flexible triggering, large memories and a host of acquisition
and data readout modes. You can even switch between single ended and
differential inputs. Other card features include fast data streaming,
at rates of more than 600 MB/s over the PCIe bus, software drivers
and examples for the most common programming languages, a complimentary
copy of the base version of SBench 6 and a hardware 5 year warranty.
Click here for more information!
DN2.59x series offers Ethernet connectivity, 16 bit A/D's, 16 channels & up to 125 MS/s May 2018
We are now pleased to offer the new DN2.59x digitizerNETBOX series.
Using the same state-of-the-art, 16-bit ADC technology already available
in the PCIe card (above), this rugged enclosed version with Ethernet/LXI connectivity
adds the versatility of a system that can be connected direct to a PC,
or anywhere on a LAN. With its high resolution, sampling rates up to
125 Mega samples per second, 4, 8 and 16 simultaneous A/D channels, plus multiple amplifier
ranges, this system can meet many demanding applications such as automated
testing, communications, spectrometry and ultrasound.
Users can write their own control program using almost any popular language
including, C++, VB.NET, C#, J#, Delphi, Java and Python code. MATLAB
and LabVIEW are also supported. Each system all comes with Spectrum's
own software, SBench 6 Professional. This lets the user control all
the modes and settings of the hardware via a simple, easy-to-use, computer
interface. The software also has a host of built-in features for data
analysis and documentation.
Click here for more information!
Memory saving 8 bit ADC mode for Spectrum 14 and 16 bit digitisers July 2018
The Spectrum digitiser systems offer outstanding performance, however there may
some applications where some resolution can be temporarily sacrificed
to reduce file size. Hence on the 14/16 bit digitizerNETBOX, card series
M4i.44xx (PCI-Express) and the M4x.44xx (PXI-Express), an 8 bit low resolution A/D
converter mode can be switched on through software.
This allows streaming over the interface to the host computer at higher speeds.
It is also has the benefit that more data can be held on the digitiser's own memory.
This can be a particularly useful on the digitizerNETBOX models with this feature,
as the Ethernet interface is slower than PCI/PXI-Express.
Available immediately on new deliveries, the new firmware can
also be downloaded as an upgrade from the Spectrum website
and installed on hardware already purchased. This firmware upgrade is free of charge!
New DN6.59x series of digitizers have ethernet connectivilty and up to 48 channels August 2018
The new DN6.59x series digitisers are based on the latest high-resolution
16-bit ADC technology and come with a choice of maximum sampling rates
(20, 40 and 125 MS/s) and bandwidths (10, 20 and 60 MHz). This new
system provides 24, 32, 40 or 48 fully synchronized channels all
in one rugged enclosure that can be rack mounted or used on a bench top.
Ethernet connectivity allows a direct connection to a computer, locally or on a LAN.
The DN6.59x series complements the smaller DN2.59x series which provides up to 16 channels.
Programmers can write their own control program using almost any popular
language including C++, LabVIEW, MATLAB, VB.NET, C#, J#, Delphi, Java
and Python code. Alternatively, users can simply run Spectrum's own
menu driven software, SBench 6 Professional. This comes
as standard with the digitizerNETBOX and provides control over all the
modes and settings of the hardware via a simple, easy-to-use, interface.
A manufacturer's warranty of 5 years comes with all digitizerNETBOX systems!
Click here for more information!
Click here for previous releases in 2017:-
Click here for previous releases in 2016:-
- Spectrum's 2017 instrumentation catalogue released
- New PXI-Express digitsers with 1.5 GHz bandwidth and data processing FPGA
- Ethernet based digitiser system now offers GS/s Acquisition on up to 24 Channels
- Digitisers sampling at GHz now have a high gain range option
- Boxcar Averaging feature lowers signal noise level and increases resolution
- More signal generator channels for the Ethernet based generatorNETBOX
- Warranty on Spectrum Instrumentation products is now 5 years!
- The next generation of compact fast 16 bit digitisers are here. M2p!
- Powerful GPU based signal processing using the new SCAPP option
Click here for previous releases in 2015:-
- Spectrum's 2016 instrumentation catalogue released
- New 720 mega sample/sec PCIe Gen2 digital pattern capture card
- DigitizerNETBOX acquires a stand alone operation capability
- Free academic tool kit illustrates the creation, capture and analysis of waveforms
- PXIe modular digitizer cards range released. 14/16 bit and up to 500MS/sec
- Programmable waveform generation up to 1.25GS/sec with Ethernet data connectivity
- The digitizerNETBOX series now provides up to 48 A/D channels in one enclosure
- New MHz to GHz, high resolution PXIe AWG cards
Click here for previous releases in 2014:-
- DC option now available for the digitizerNETBOX
- A/D card bandwidth up to 1.5GHz and new cables for high frequencies
- Portable Docking Station with three PCIe slots and Notebook PC connectivity
- The digitizerNETBOX data logger now captures signals at GHz speeds
- Signal Pre-amplifier modules with GHz bandwidth
- 625 Mega sample/sec AWG with 16 bit resolution and PCIe GByte/sec interface
- 16 bit AWG M4i card series now with 1.25 giga sample/sec D/A converter
- Server utility allows Spectrum card setup and monitoring across LAN Network
Click here for previous releases in 2013:-
- Cost effective 16-bit digitzer card with multiple 60 MS/sec channels
- 14 & 16 bit digitizerNETBOX Ethernet/LXI instruments with up to 0.5GHz sampling speed!
- Clock and trigger signal distribution card is now available in PCI-Express format
- Synchronise Spectrum M2i instrumentation cards across multiple computer installations
- Card based FPGA signal average module for enhanced measurement resolution and SNR
- Signal peak detection and statistics functions added to digitiser hardware
- Ultra high-speed M4i series PCIe digitizer cards with up to 5GS/sec sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2012:-
- Enhancement options now included with all Spectrum instrumentation cards!
- PXI format multi-channel 16 bit 50 Mega Sample/sec A/D converter card
- New DigitizerNetbox provides a portable Ethernet enclosure for Spectrum cards
- M4i 14 Bit 500 MS/s digitiser with PCIe x8 lane
- HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY DATAQUEST SOLUTIONS !!!
- Faster digitzerNETBOX with up to 200MHz sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2011:-
- DataQuest Solutions extends its ACME portable computer range.
- Extended range of tough waterproof rugged tablet PC's now available.
- Ultra high speed multi-channel 16 bit signal capture card.
- PCI Express docking station range now includes 4 and 7 slot options
- DataQuest Solutions are moving to a new location in Lincolnshire
Click here for previous releases in 2010:-
- Spectrum releases fully updated instrumentation catalogue
- Dual time base sampling available for all digitiser cards
- SPA series of high bandwidth and gain external amplifiers
- Sequence Replay Mode enhances pattern generation programming.
Click here for previous releases in 2009:-
- Logic analyzer display for SBench6
- Lighter, faster MRC2300 presents the latest in PC tablet technology
- M3i series cards now with SMA connector option
- M3i.4800 series card uses the latest generation 16 bit 180Msample converter
Click here for previous releases in 2008:-
- Spectrum drivers now support .NET users
- Slim portable PC now features hot-swap battery option
- SBench Version 6 signal visualisation software release
- M3i.32xx and M3i.41xx series provides exceptional resolution and speed
- New Spectrum M3i.21xx series extends signal capture up to 1GHz!
Click here for previous releases in 2007:-
- 12 bit digitisers now have software selectable differential inputs
- All M2i cards now come with 256Mbytes of memory as standard!
- Radar signal and antenna position capture card
- Slim ultra portable PC with PCI and PCI-Express
- 400MS/sec high resolution digitiser heralds M3i release
Click here for previous releases in 2006:-
- 64 bit Windows and Linux drivers arrive for M2i
- Full LABVIEW™ support for all M2i boards
- Docking Station for PCI-Express Cards
- Spectrum expands range to incorporate PCI-Express card connectivity
- Clock and trigger distribution board adds flexibility to system connectivity
- 125MS/sec Arbitrary Waveform Generators with PCI-Express connectivity
Click here for previous releases in 2005:-
- Orders now being taken for the new M2i A/D digitisers.
- New DEWEtron range of rugged portable PC's
- M2i range extends to digital I/O boards
- M2i.46xx range gives fast 16 bit resolution and true differential inputs
- M2i.47xx range provides 16 bit resolution on 16 inputs
Click here for previous releases in 2004:-
- Tough additions to our range of go anywhere portable PC's. (New rugged Notebooks and a Tablet PC).
- Easy virtual control panel for waveform generation. (SPeasyGenerator software release )
- Two slot PCI Docking Station with drive space.
- Amplifier option adds ±10 V output level to existing Spectrum arbitrary waveform generators.
- Rugged Notebook Pro PC now with higher specification.
- Spectrum announces pending release of the second series of digitisers.
- Spectrum Mega sample CompactPCI and PXI release.
- Digital pattern generator board Mi72xx with output -2 and +10 volts.
- Memory efficient Mi7005 dig I/O with 1, 2, 4 bit settings.
- Disk streaming software SPviewIT.
- New Spectrum MI/Mc/Mx3027 2 channel 100Ms/s board
© DataQuest Solutions 03.01.07.
(last revised 28.08.18)
Images courtesy of Spectrum GmbH, ACME Portable GmbH,
Labview is the registered trademark of the National Instruments Corporation
MATLAB is a trademark of the MathWorks Corporation
Windows 7, 8, 10 XP and Vista are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
ExpressCard and the ExpressCard Logo are registered trademark of PCMCIA.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the
exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, holder of the mark on a world-wide basis.
MAC OS is the registered trademark of Apple Inc.