*** DataQuest News 2016 ***
Spectrum's 2016 instrumentation catalogue released January 2016
|Spectrum's PC instrumentation 2016 catalogue provides
a full listing of the ultra high-speed signal capture, waveform
generation and digital I/O hardware, both in card form as well as external
connection via an digitizerNETBOX's Ethernet link. Includes the very
latest releases from the PCI-Express M4i range, most notably the
M4i.77xx 32 bit 720MS/sec digital I/O and the 1.25GS/sec M4.66xx
arbitrary waveform generator cards.
The easy to reference information covers a summary of features and modes,
software programming options, as well as Spectrum's own very
capable logging and processing software SBench6™. Detail is also
given on the turn-key systems we can provide, comprising card(s), computer
and pre-installed software.
This catalogue is available by post (with price list), or can be downloaded as a PDF.
Click here to obtain your free catalogue!
720 mega sample/sec PCIe Gen2 digital signal capture card gives exceptional performance February 2016
|The new M4i.77xx-x8 series of digital signal
capture cards from Spectrum, offer exceptional digital
pattern capture speeds and the ability to receive many different logic
levels. It comes in differential and single-ended versions. The former
is compatible with LVDS, PECL, LVPECL, ECL, NCL etc. The latter 1.2V,
1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, 5.0V; covering many TTL and CMOS levels.
As with the other existing M4i cards the Gen2 x8-lane PCI express
interface, combined with large on-board memory and optimised drivers,
enhances the cards performance by providing ultra-fast data transfer
to the host computer. All 32 channels can capture at continuous full-speed,
or if preferred short triggered bursts. Multiple cards can be synchronised.
The PCIe interface and three quarter PCB length makes this card compatible with
a wide range computer and chassis combinations. Versatile Windows &
Linux drivers, provide a means of programming the M4i.77xx series in
text code, MATLAB, LabVIEW and LabWindowsCVI.
Click here for more information!
High-speed Ethernet logger digitizerNETBOX, now with stand alone operation April 2016
|The digitizerNETBOX family offers data acquisition
with the flexibility of an Ethernet / LXI connectivity. These systems
are available with 2 to 16 fully synchronous channels, sampling rates
from 200 KS/s up to 5 GS/s and resolutions of 8, 14 and 16 bit.
The systems are normally controlled via Ethernet, with logging and data download
progressing as an on-going process to the client PC. However the acquisition
and analysis of electronic signals in remote locations has become
even easier thanks to the release of the Embedded Server
option, DN2.xxx-Emb. When ordered with any digitizerNETBOX, it effectively
turns the unit into a computer based data acquisition system that can operate
independently, or when connected to a LAN, as part of a larger network
system with multiple units each having its own IP address.
original digitizerNETBOX remote instrument functionality is still
100% available, so no compromise is required should you order the
DN2.xxx-Emb Embedded Server option. Included with delivery are
text code drivers for most popular programming languages, MATLAB™
and LabVIEW™, plus a two year manufacturer's warranty. Technical
support, including software and firmware updates come free of charge.
Click here for more information!
Free academic tutorial tool set illustrates the
creation, capture and analysis of waveforms May 2016
|Free tutorial tools have been created by the
PC instrumentation manufacturer Spectrum. Based around the SBench
6 visual display package, virtual hardware can be installed to demonstrate how to create,
capture and analyse waveforms. This virtual hardware can be selected from
any of Spectrum's wide range of A/D and D/A cards, as well as the Ethernet
based digitizerNETBOX. Examples and informative articles provide a step-by-step
guide that shows the principles. This includes the way different ways
that signals can be generated, how to make basic measurements (such as
waveform parameters) and how to perform analysis such as spectral analysis
with a Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT).
Installing the SBench 6 program on a PC effectively turns it into an
easy-to-use virtual instrumentation platform, in many ways ideal for
visually teaching the principles of signal generation, capture and analysis.
Find the tools here!
PXIe M4x series digitizer cards released! June 2016
|We can now supply six new digitizer card products
for the PXIe bus, each packaged in a dual-width 3U module and
incorporating a four lane PCI-Express Generation 2 interface.
The new Spectrum M4x.44xx digitizers come with two or four fully synchronous
channels and resolutions of either 14 bits, for sampling at rates up
to 500 MS/s, or 16 bits, for sampling at rates up to 250 MS/s.
Each channel has its own separate monolithic ADC and low noise signal
conditioning circuitry. Fully programmable, the cards provide six gain
ranges (±200 mV up to ±10 V), selectable input impedance and AC or DC
coupling. Flexible front-end circuitry is complimented by a powerful
trigger system and versatile clock. This clock can be externally sourced,
or if preferred synchronized with other reference sources. With low noise
front-ends, high-resolution ADCs and accurate clocks these PXIe digitizers
deliver outstanding dynamic performance.
All the digitizers come as standard with 4 GByte (2 giga samples) of
on-board signal capture memory for burst capture, as well as a streaming FIFO
Mode for continuous capture to the computer storage drive.
The new M4x.44xx cards share a common software interface with the
existing M4i PCI-Express card equivalents and offer the same FPGA based
averaging and statistics options. The M4x.44xx PXIe systems are
a compact modular design with robust connectors and a defined air
flow path for cooling. This makes them the ideal platform for
industrial, vehicle and aerospace applications.
Software control of the digitizers is possible with Spectrum's
SBench6 program which supports full instrument functionality
as well as providing data display, storage, analysis and documentation.
Alternatively for those who prefer to code program we provide Windows
and Linux drivers, plus support for MATLAB and LabVIEW.
Click here for more information!
Programmable Ethernet/LXI instrument generates ultra high speed waveforms July 2016
|A new line of Arbitrary Waveform Generators (AWG's)
is now available; based on the LXI instrumentation standard, these
generatorNETBOX's have a bandwidth DC to 400MHz (depending on model chosen).
In a robust and portable chassis, they are ideal for those who need
to generate electronic signals in automated test and / or remote applications.
A simple Ethernet connection to any PC or local area network (LAN) makes
them easy to integrate into any test system.
The generatorNETBOX series comes with a choice of 2, 4 or 8 fully synchronised
channels and a 16 bit 0.625 or 1.25 giga sample per second D/A converters.
For lower bandwidth requirements a 125 mega sample per second 14 bit
converter is also available with a bandwidth 60 MHz. This gives great performance
and price flexibility to best match the application
Signal replay can be programmed in a number of operating modes, which include
streaming continuously from the PC memory over the LAN connection, or just
effectively stand-alone using the generatorNETBOX deep memory, (up to 2 x
2Gsample on the fastest 8 channel model!). It is also possible to program
a command controlled sequence (multi-pattern) replay, set to react to triggers.
The instruments are fully self-contained and come with all the tools necessary
to generate an almost unlimited variety of waveforms. Fully programmable,
this versatile instrument range comes with Windows and Linux drivers for
all popular languages, plus MATLAB and LabVIEW. Pre-programmed examples
are provided to help the new users get quickly underway.
Click here for more information!
The digitizerNETBOX DN6 series offers up to 48 A/D channels in one enclosure September 2016
|Eight new DN6.49x digitizerNETBOX signal capture instruments
are now available, offering from 24 to 48 fully synchronized channels. The
channels can be single ended or differential, (delivering from 12
to 24 true differential inputs). Each channel of a DN6.49x series
is equipped with a high precision 16 bit analogue-to-digital
converter (ADC), with six input ranges from ±200 mV up to ±10 V,
switchable input impedance and programmable offset. Users can choose
between models that offer maximum sampling rates of 10 or 60 MS/s.
All units feature a rugged chassis with forced filtered air cooling
and low noise power supplies. LED lights provide a visual indication
for the power, trigger and LAN status. Multiple acquisition modes
include single shot (Transient Recording), streaming, or trigger controlled
sampling rate change (ABA mode) for slow background and fast on an event.
Full remote control is achieved through a simple BIt Ethernet port,
which allows connection to any PC or local area network (AN). For
more remote operation, independent of a PC, we also offer an embedded
server option that combines a powerful CPU, BSD, more memory and a
remote software development access method.
Every digitizerNETBOX includes drivers for many popular programming
languages and third party software support for LabVIEW, LabWindows and MATLAB.
A SBench6 Professional software licence is included. With this waveform data
can be easily stored and exported to other devices, or other software programs
in a variety of formats such as MATLAB, ASCII, binary and WAV. This versatile,
quick to use, menu driven display and post processing GUI, means that the
digitizerNETBOX can be set up and working almost as soon as it is unpacked!
Click here for more information!
New MHz to GHz, high resolution PXIe AWG cards October 2016
|Complementing the existing Spectrum M4i PCI-Express MHz / GHz waveform
generator cards (AWG's), the new M4x.66xx PXIe AWG's now offer the modular
compact standard so popular in industrial situations. Available with one,
two or four channels, each channel is equipped with the latest generation
16 bit digital-to-analogue converter technology with the various models
having maximum clocking rates up to 1.25 mega samples/sec. Output bandwidth is
DC to 400 MHz, providing for the generation of a wide range of signal
frequencies. Versatile operating signal output modes include single-shot,
loop, long term streaming, gated signal control and sequence pattern
replay, the latter particularly useful in automatic testing scenarios.
The AWG's are designed to output signals that emulate those found in
the real world, delivering programmable output levels from ±200 mV to
±4 V (±5 V for 625 MS/s models) into high-impedance and ±100 mV up to
±2 V (±2.5 V for 625 MS/s models) for 50 ohm termination.
The dual width 3U AWGs feature a PXIe x4 Gen 2 interface, which allows
waveform data to be transferred from the computer at speeds up to 1.4
GB/s. A 4 Gbyte on board memory is also standard. The AWG's can even
output signals while new waveform data is being sent to the on-board
memory. Suitable for any PXIe or PXI hybrid chassis, support for chassis
distribution features include the PXIe/PXI reference clock, star-trigger
and trigger bus.
Users can create their own control programs with almost any popular
programming language, using the software library supplied with all
M4x series hardware. This includes C++, Visual Basic, VB.NET, C#,
Visual J#, Delphi, Java and Python code. Software support is also
provided for LabVIEW, LabWindows and MATLAB. We also offer
a software that gives users control over all of the AWG's operating
modes and hardware settings from a simple, easy-to-use, graphical user
Click here for more information!
Click here for previous releases in 2015:-
Click here for previous releases in 2014:-
- DC option now available for the digitizerNETBOX
- A/D card bandwidth up to 1.5GHz and new cables for high frequencies
- Portable Docking Station with three PCIe slots and Notebook PC connectivity
- The digitizerNETBOX data logger now captures signals at GHz speeds
- Signal Pre-amplifier modules with GHz bandwidth
- 625 Mega sample/sec AWG with 16 bit resolution and PCIe GByte/sec interface
- 16 bit AWG M4i card series now with 1.25 giga sample/sec D/A converter
- Server utility allows Spectrum card setup and monitoring across LAN Network
Click here for previous releases in 2013:-
- Cost effective 16-bit digitzer card with multiple 60 MS/sec channels
- 14 & 16 bit digitizerNETBOX Ethernet/LXI instruments with up to 0.5GHz sampling speed!
- Clock and trigger signal distribution card is now available in PCI-Express format
- Synchronise Spectrum M2i instrumentation cards across multiple computer installations
- Card based FPGA signal average module for enhanced measurement resolution and SNR
- Signal peak detection and statistics functions added to digitiser hardware
- Ultra high-speed M4i series PCIe digitizer cards with up to 5GS/sec sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2012:-
- Enhancement options now included with all Spectrum instrumentation cards!
- PXI format multi-channel 16 bit 50 Mega Sample/sec A/D converter card
- New DigitizerNetbox provides a portable Ethernet enclosure for Spectrum cards
- M4i 14 Bit 500 MS/s digitiser with PCIe x8 lane
- HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY DATAQUEST SOLUTIONS !!!
- Faster digitzerNETBOX with up to 200MHz sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2011:-
- DataQuest Solutions extends its ACME portable computer range.
- Extended range of tough waterproof rugged tablet PC's now available.
- Ultra high speed multi-channel 16 bit signal capture card.
- PCI Express docking station range now includes 4 and 7 slot options
- DataQuest Solutions are moving to a new location in Lincolnshire
Click here for previous releases in 2010:-
- Spectrum releases fully updated instrumentation catalogue
- Dual time base sampling available for all digitiser cards
- SPA series of high bandwidth and gain external amplifiers
- Sequence Replay Mode enhances pattern generation programming.
Click here for previous releases in 2009:-
- Logic analyzer display for SBench6
- Lighter, faster MRC2300 presents the latest in PC tablet technology
- M3i series cards now with SMA connector option
- M3i.4800 series card uses the latest generation 16 bit 180Msample converter
Click here for previous releases in 2008:-
- Spectrum drivers now support .NET users
- Slim portable PC now features hot-swap battery option
- SBench Version 6 signal visualisation software release
- M3i.32xx and M3i.41xx series provides exceptional resolution and speed
- New Spectrum M3i.21xx series extends signal capture up to 1GHz!
Click here for previous releases in 2007:-
- 12 bit digitisers now have software selectable differential inputs
- All M2i cards now come with 256Mbytes of memory as standard!
- Radar signal and antenna position capture card
- Slim ultra portable PC with PCI and PCI-Express
- 400MS/sec high resolution digitiser heralds M3i release
Click here for previous releases in 2006:-
- 64 bit Windows and Linux drivers arrive for M2i
- Full LABVIEW™ support for all M2i boards
- Docking Station for PCI-Express Cards
- Spectrum expands range to incorporate PCI-Express card connectivity
- Clock and trigger distribution board adds flexibility to system connectivity
- 125MS/sec Arbitrary Waveform Generators with PCI-Express connectivity
Click here for previous releases in 2005:-
- Orders now being taken for the new M2i A/D digitisers.
- New DEWEtron range of rugged portable PC's
- M2i range extends to digital I/O boards
- M2i.46xx range gives fast 16 bit resolution and true differential inputs
- M2i.47xx range provides 16 bit resolution on 16 inputs
Click here for previous releases in 2004:-
- Tough additions to our range of go anywhere portable PC's. (New rugged Notebooks and a Tablet PC).
- Easy virtual control panel for waveform generation. (SPeasyGenerator software release )
- Two slot PCI Docking Station with drive space.
- Amplifier option adds ±10 V output level to existing Spectrum arbitrary waveform generators.
- Rugged Notebook Pro PC now with higher specification.
- Spectrum announces pending release of the second series of digitisers.
- Spectrum Mega sample CompactPCI and PXI release.
- Digital pattern generator board Mi72xx with output -2 and +10 volts.
- Memory efficient Mi7005 dig I/O with 1, 2, 4 bit settings.
- Disk streaming software SPviewIT.
- New Spectrum MI/Mc/Mx3027 2 channel 100Ms/s board
|For more detailed information on the above please browse
our Web site using the "more info" links above. |
More technical resources
can also be found in our text *PRESS RELEASES*
© Dataquest Solutions 03.01.07.
(last revised 26.10.16)
Images courtesy of Spectrum GmbH, ACME Portable GmbH,
Labview is the registered trademark of the National Instruments Corporation
MATLAB is a trademark of the MathWorks Corporation
Windows 7, 8, 10 XP and Vista are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
ExpressCard and the ExpressCard Logo are registered trademark of PCMCIA.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the
exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark on a world-wide basis.
MAC OS is the registered trademark of Apple Inc.