*** DataQuest News 2015 ***
DC option now available for the digitizerNETBOX January 2015
|The Ethernet connectivity of digitizerNETBOX
already has great potential as a neat, portable platform for ultra high-speed
signal capture when combined with a Notebook or Tablet PC. The new
DC option enhances this by allowing an external battery supply to be used.
Applications include automotive, aircraft and mobile fieldwork.
The internal DC power supply replaces the standard AC power supply.
The digitizerNetBOX can be ordered for the folowing supply ratings:
9 to 18 volt, or 18 to 36 volt. Connection is done in a simple and
versatile way using standard screw terminals (see picture).
Click here for more information on the digitizerNETBOX!
A/D card bandwidth up to 1.5GHz and new cables for high frequencies February 2015
Our Spectrum M4i.22xx range of cards provide ultra-fast sampling up
to 5 GHz. Now with further optimisation, the amplifier sections -3dB
upper bandwidth has been raised up to 1.5 GHz.
Recognising that high frequency signal transmission to a card such
as the M4i requires special consideration to avoid significant amplitude
losses, we now supply low loss cables as an option, 200cm in length, with SMA
to SMA, or SMA to BNC connector terminations. The cables have an
attenuation of 0.3 dB/m at 500 MHz and 0.5 dB/m at 1.5 GHz. For
comparison our standard cables have 0.3 dB/m at 100 MHz and 0.5 dB/m
at 250 MHz.
We highly recommend the new cables for all M4i and M3i series
cards when the signals fed in from your source are 200MHz and above.
Click here for more information about our fastest A/D cards!
Portable Docking Station with three PCIe slots and Notebook PC connectivity April 2015
This new docking station (model: TB3F) can enclose up to three PCI-Express
cards of any length. The portable stylish aluminium enclosure is the ideal
partner for a notebook / laptop PC. Its design allows multiple combinations
of high-performance PCIe add-on cards to be operated without any special
hardware drivers. Fitment of the cards is quick and simple.
Connection to the host computer is via Intel's incredibly fast Thunderbolt®
I/O technology, or ExpressCard®. The ease of access to the installed
cards also makes this solution very handy for test and design work. We also
offer a low-profile PCI-Express card option so that the TB3F docking station
can be used with standard desktop or industrial computer, extending
number of PCI-Express slots and making them externally accessible.
Dedicated cooling to the card bay and 250 watt power supply makes for
a reliable and versatile solution and it works with all common operating
systems including Microsoft Windows®, Mac OS® and Linux®.
The TB3F comes with a carry bag and 2-year warranty.
Click here for more information.
The digitizerNETBOX data logger now captures signals at GHz speeds May 2015
The Spectrum digitizerNETBOX provides a easy modular way to
capture and record high-speed signals, using an instrument with an
industry standard Gbit Ethernet/LXI network connection.
Now this series of instruments has an even broader range of
sampling speeds, following the release of eight new models. Available
with two, four or eight fully synchronous channels, the new DN2.22xx
models feature sampling rates up to 5 Giga samples per second, bandwidth in
excess of 1.5 GHz and on-board acquisition memory up to 8 Giga samples.
This unique combination makes the digitisers ideal for capturing long
complex high-frequency signals and for characterizing fast timing events
that go down to the nano- and sub-nanosecond ranges. Working local or
remote from the host computer, the portable digitizerNETBOX is a truly
All units come with Windows™ and
Linux™ drivers and free lifetime technical support.
Click here for more information.
Signal Pre-amplifier modules with GHz bandwidth June 2015
The external SPA pre-amplifier range has now been expanded to include
compact modules with a higher 2.2 and 2.5 GHz upper bandwidth. This
complements well the new Spectrum fast digitizer cards, but also
other hardware designs where extremely low level signals require amplifying.
All amplifiers have been optimised for extremely low drift and noise
characteristics and come in a robust case with excellent shielding.
This brings the total number of wide amplifier modules to 7, covering
a very wide frequency range from DC to GHz and gains 20dB to 60dB (x10 to x1000).
No programming is required.
The GHz pre-amplifiers provide SMA connectors for signal connection,
(in the image dust covers are fitted) whilst those of the existing
range (500MHz and below) use BNC's. The SPA pre-amplifiers come complete
AC to DC power supply with a cable connection.
Click here for more information.
625 Mega sample/sec AWG with 16 bit resolution and PCIe GByte/sec interface July 2015
Three new M4i.66xx Arbitrary Waveform Generators (AWG's) have
been released, generating electronic signals at rates of up to 625
Mega samples / second (MS/s) with a 16 bit vertical resolution. Range is
+/-2.5V (+/-5V into high impedance), with a wide bandwidth; DC to over
200 MHz. This combination speed, precision and output level is leading
the way in terms of AWG technology!
The three-quarter length card PCIe card is smaller than conventional
instruments and can be used in most modern PC's. Simply install the
AWG card into a vacant PCIe x8 or x16 slot, install the driver, load
Spectrum's software and start generating waveforms. FIFO (streaming)
mode and the ultra-fast PCIe x8 Gen2 interface allows the streaming
of data continuously from the PC memory to the AWG, at speeds in
excess of 1.5 GB/s. This is ideal for along series of waveforms. Alternatively,
generation of waveforms can be made directly from the cards deep 2 GSamples
on-board memory. Either method provides a way to produce standard or
complex waveforms repeatedly or over a long period. Data replay can
be programmed in a number of operating modes such as Single-Shot, Loop,
FIFO, Gate Replay and trigger or command controlled Sequence (multi-pattern) replay.
The M4i.66xx are all fully programmable and work with Spectrum's own
SBench 6 control software, as well as third party software tools such
as LabVIEW, LabWindows and MATLAB. This new ultra-fast AWG is ideal
for application area such as telecommunications, radar, semiconductors
/ filter design, nano-technology, media testing, automation, ultrasound
Click here for more information.
16 bit AWG M4i card series now with 1.25 giga sample/sec D/A converter September 2015
The recently released M4i.66xx series of Arbitrary Waveform Generator
(AWG) cards provides an exceptional combination of ultra fast signal
generation, resolution and output level. Now two faster models
have been added using 1.25 GS/sec D/A converters. Even at this higher speed
16 bits of resolution allow waveform level to be set with micro-volt precision.
Voltage output can be up to +/-2.0V into 50 Ohms, (+/-4V into high impedance),
with a wide bandwidth; DC to over 400 MHz at the -3dB point.
Utilising the same three-quarter length card PCIe card format, the ultra-fast
PCIe x8 Gen2 interface can be set to stream data continuously from the PC
memory to the AWG, at speeds in excess of 1.5 GB/s, or directly from the cards
deep 2 GSamples on-board memory. The new model numbers are M4i.6630-x8
Click here for more information.
Server utility allows Spectrum card setup and monitoring across LAN Network December 2015
The new Remote Server option provides a way to programme, control and
monitor Spectrum M2i, M3i or M4i cards in a remote
location. The option need only be activated by software licence in any
one of the Spectrum cards in the remote system. This turns
the system into a remote controlled instrument with an IP address,
close to where electrical signals are being acquired or generated,
but programmed and setup from another PC (the Client) at some
distance across a LAN network. For many commonly used network standards
transmission this distance can be up to 100 metres.
In a situation where access is difficult, such as an industrial site,
or simply to allow remote operation for convenience, this new option
is of great benefit. Data may be acquired by a digitiser card during
signal capture for a live display and logging, or transmitted to a
Spectrum waveform generator. Remote Server works in conjunction with text
coding, MATLAB™, LabVIEW™ and Spectrums's own logging
and display package SBench6.
It is even possible to mix operating systems, i.e. Linux™ on one
computer and MS Windows™ on the other.
The Remote Server options order code is SPc-RServer and you
will find it listed on the Spectrum card datasheets, together with
other useful enhancement options.
Click here for previous releases in 2014:-
Click here for previous releases in 2013:-
- Cost effective 16-bit digitzer card with multiple 60 MS/sec channels
- 14 & 16 bit digitizerNETBOX Ethernet/LXI instruments with up to 0.5GHz sampling speed!
- Clock and trigger signal distribution card is now available in PCI-Express format
- Synchronise Spectrum M2i instrumentation cards across multiple computer installations
- Card based FPGA signal average module for enhanced measurement resolution and SNR
- Signal peak detection and statistics functions added to digitiser hardware
- Ultra high-speed M4i series PCIe digitizer cards with up to 5GS/sec sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2012:-
- Enhancement options now included with all Spectrum instrumentation cards!
- PXI format multi-channel 16 bit 50 Mega Sample/sec A/D converter card
- New DigitizerNetbox provides a portable Ethernet enclosure for Spectrum cards
- M4i 14 Bit 500 MS/s digitiser with PCIe x8 lane
- HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY DATAQUEST SOLUTIONS !!!
- Faster digitzerNETBOX with up to 200MHz sampling
Click here for previous releases in 2011:-
- DataQuest Solutions extends its ACME portable computer range.
- Extended range of tough waterproof rugged tablet PC's now available.
- Ultra high speed mutli-channel 16 bit signal capture card.
- PCI Express docking station range now includes 4 and 7 slot options
- DataQuest Solutions are moving to a new location in Lincolnshire
Click here for previous releases in 2010:-
- Spectrum releases fully updated instrumentation catalogue
- Dual time base sampling available for all digitiser cards
- SPA series of high bandwidth and gain external amplifiers
- Sequence Replay Mode enhances pattern generation programmming.
Click here for previous releases in 2009:-
- Logic analyzer display for SBench6
- Lighter, faster MRC2300 presents the latest in PC tablet technology
- M3i series cards now with SMA connector option
- M3i.4800 series card uses the latest generation 16 bit 180Msample converter
Click here for previous releases in 2008:-
- Spectrum drivers now support .NET users
- Slim portable PC now features hot-swap battery option
- SBench Version 6 signal visualisation software release
- M3i.32xx and M3i.41xx series provides exceptional resolution and speed
- New Spectrum M3i.21xx series extends signal capture up to 1GHz!
Click here for previous releases in 2007:-
- 12 bit digitisers now have software selectable differential inputs
- All M2i cards now come with 256Mbytes of memory as standard!
- Radar signal and antenna position capture card
- Slim ultra portable PC with PCI and PCI-Express
- 400MS/sec high resolution digitiser heralds M3i release
Click here for previous releases in 2006:-
- 64 bit Windows and Linux drivers arrive for M2i
- Full LABVIEW™ support for all M2i boards
- Docking Station for PCI-Express Cards
- Spectrum expands range to incorporate PCI-Express card connectivity
- Clock and trigger distribution board adds flexibility to system connectivity
- 125MS/sec Arbitrary Waveform Generators with PCI-Express connectivity
Click here for previous releases in 2005:-
- Orders now being taken for the new M2i A/D digitisers.
- New DEWEtron range of rugged portable PC's
- M2i range extends to digital I/O boards
- M2i.46xx range gives fast 16 bit resolution and true differential inputs
- M2i.47xx range provides 16 bit resolution on 16 inputs
Click here for previous releases in 2004:-
- Tough additions to our range of go anywhere portable PC's. (New rugged Notebooks and a Tablet PC).
- Easy virtual control panel for waveform generation. (SPeasyGenerator software release )
- Two slot PCI Docking Station with drive space.
- Amplifier option adds ±10 V output level to existing Spectrum arbitrary waveform generators.
- Rugged Notebook Pro PC now with higher specification.
- Spectrum announces pending release of the second series of digitisers.
- Spectrum Mega sample CompactPCI and PXI release.
- Digital pattern generator board Mi72xx with output -2 and +10 volts.
- Memory efficient Mi7005 dig I/O with 1, 2, 4 bit settings.
- Disk streaming software SPviewIT.
- New Spectrum MI/Mc/Mx3027 2 channel 100Ms/s board
|For more detailed information on the above please browse
our Web site using the "more info" links above. |
More technical resources
can also be found in our text *PRESS RELEASES*
© Dataquest Solutions 03.01.07.
(last revised 11.10.17)
Images courtesy of Spectrum GmbH, ACME Portable GmbH,
Labview is the registered trademark of the National Instruments Corporation
MATLAB is a trademark of the MathWorks Corporation
Windows 7, 8, 10 XP and Vista are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
ExpressCard and the ExpressCard Logo are registered trademark of PCMCIA.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the
exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark on a world-wide basis.
MAC OS is the registered trademark of Apple Inc.